Floating Line of Demarcation (FLOD)
HALO ORCA I™
A versatile system, ORCA I is highly customizable allowing end users to adapt this Line of Demarcation solution to their specific needs.
A Clear Line of Demarcation
The base ORCA system is comprised of interconnected floats, Lights, nets, and signage can be added to prevent unauthorized access from the waterside and a safe, clear Line of Demarcation. The system’s advanced composite floats ensure survival in harsh marine environments and are marine mammal friendly.View Cut Sheet
The HALO ORCA is a versatile float system designed to establish a Line of Demarcation for sensitive areas. ORCA’s modular design allows end users to connect floats with line, wire rope, or chain, as required. Floats can be spaced to meet specific security requirements.
Allows end users to deploy the system in a variety of configurations depending upon site specific requirements.
Robust, UV Protected Plastic Floats
The floats are foam-filled to ensure a long service life unaffected by harsh environmental problems of temperature, sun, and high salinity environments.
A variety of options providing solution flexibility. Floats can be connected together via line, wire, or chain depending upon site requirements and can be spaced at any interval depending on the application. Lights, signage, and radar reflectors can be mounted on ORCA floats using industry standard hardware to enhance safety and security, and to provide a clear Line of Demarcation.
All of our HALO products are:
- Capable of integrating oil abatement/containment systems.
- Able to support third-party sensors (safety, security and environmental).
- Marine mammal and environmentally friendly.
The ORCA is suitable for both commercial and military applications and can be fully integrated with existing third-party port security systems or other HALO waterside security barriers.
- Safety zones at shipyards, dams, and other industrial facilities
- Recreational swimming venues
- Sensitive environmental zones
- Boat ramps
- Property lines
- Hazards to navigation
- Special events requiring exclusion zones:
- Triathlon swimming venues
- Small craft competition areas
- Boat shows
- Military demonstrations
- Waterfront VIP events
HALO ORCA meets the MIL-STD-810G standard.
MIL-STD-810 is a United States Military Standard that emphasizes tailoring an equipment’s environmental design and test limits to the conditions that it will experience throughout its service life. This standard establishes chamber test methods that replicate the effects of environments on the equipment, ensuring that all designs can be rigorously and consistently tested.
|Freeboard (height off water)||3.7 m||2.3 ft|
|Length||1.2 m||4.0 ft|
Integration & Customization
The ORCA line-of-demarcation, barrier can be fully integrated with other third-party security technology such as cameras, radars, sonar, etc.
- Safety Systems – Additional safety systems can be attached to all HALO security products.
- Radar and Sonar – Integrated payload capacity in all HALO security products allow for the attachment and integration of sonar and radar equipment.
- Remote Monitoring – Remote monitoring of system performance and status.
- Navigation Lighting – Mounting points for standard marine navigation lanterns and other Aide to Navigation (ATON) equipment.
- Capture Nets – Extend your defensive measures below the surface. Capture and detection net mounting points are included on all HALO products.
- Access Control – Know who is entering and leaving your protected area. HALO gate systems can be integrated with most any third-party access control solution and include mounting locations for RFID extenders.
- Camera Systems – HALO’s unique barrier dynamics allow for stable deployment of IR and other CCTV security camera solutions.
- Third-Party Sensing – Most any safety, security, and access control system is compatible with HALO barriers. The possibilities are endless.